Founded in 1928
3 all weather courts
Over 140 social & competitive members with teams in local leagues
- Join our competitive tennis teams or play at your leisure with our relaxed social tennis
- Join our well structured coaching courses for mini tots, minis, juniors, students through to our seniors tennis
- You maybe a beginner, intermediate or advance tennis player, whatever standard, we have the tennis for you
- You maybe thinking of coming on your own or involving the whole family, we will make you all welcome
- Bored with the gym? Keep fit all through the year by playing tennis
- Don’t play tennis! Why not join our fast growing friendly social scene
The club runs a variety of coaching and playing opportunities for juniors throughout the year. Participation in club sessions, box league, team play and access to the courts requires membership of the tennis club. We don’t have many junior racquets available at the club so parents will need to provide their own. Our coaches can advise on size and which racquets. Please use the sizing table below, kindly taken from perfect-tennis.com:
|10 to 12||4ft 8″ to 5ft 2 ” (142cm – 157cm)||26″ Racquet|
|8 to 10||4ft 4″ to 4ft 8″ (132cm – 142cm)||25″ Racquet|
|6 to 8||3ft 11″ to 4ft 4″ (119cm – 132cm)||23″ Racquet|
|5 to 6||Under 3ft 11″ (119cm)||21″ Racquet|
|2 to 4||–||19″ Racquet|
- Term time coaching provided by the club coaches Note: A waiting list is now in operation – contact the coaches on the email address below.
- Tennis courses run in the school holidays. Applications are now being taken
- A junior box league that runs throughout the year.
- Supervised junior club sessions that run on Sunday afternoons 2-3pm throughout the summer term.
- Competitive tennis in a local league.
- Junior members also have access to the courts when they are free.
For more information on any of the junior activities contact the junior tennis coordinator